This is my /now page, a description of what I'm up to now and how we might collaborate.
The Coronavirus pandemic has just hit, so my /now has changed dramatically.
My wife and I are safe for now, in our flat in Portland (OR). We are both figuring out how best to help, and how to keep our livelihoods going, since our normal days involve speaking in front of audiences and consulting to work groups.
I've been realizing that my curation of the Brain is unique, and that my ability to offer strategic advice with backup from my Brain is valuable. I've also long wanted an open, collaborative platform for collaborative sensemaking. So I'm building an umbrella project, Open Global Mind, to contain these and other projects.
As you read this, know that I'm wishing you and yours the best of health in these crazy pandemic times.
Here's my pre-Pandemic /now:
My focus is on trust, which I believe is the linchpin for getting ourselves out of many of our current fixes.
This journey started 25 years ago, with my irritation about the word "consumer," and has blossomed into various projects:
- Design from Trust, a quest to put this useful insight about trust to work;
- The Joy Line, an application of Design from Trust that reframes the insurance industry (and others);
- L3RN, open scaffolding for learners of any age;
- Upkido, a "dojo" that asks: "how might we improve everything we touch?";
- Inside Jerry's Brain, a fun vlog about improving conversations with context;
- Pick Jerry's Brain, where you can apply my perspective (and Brain) to your organization's core questions;
- REX, the Relationship Economy eXpedition, a think-and-do tank I founded in 2010; and
- What If We Trusted You, my thesis, and its antithesis, Why We Don't Trust You.
If this journey resonates with you, consider backing me on Patreon. Support there allows me to put all my ideas in the Commons, in contrast with private consulting engagements, where the work often remains "behind the curtain."
I love giving talks about all these things! Know someone looking for a speaker?
You can always browse my Brain for free at JerrysBrain.com. Really.